The Morbido Film Fest 2021 will take place from October 28-31, 2021 in Mexico City. As every year, the festival will offer the best of horror, horror, fantasy and science fiction cinema, but this time with a hybrid format. Next, we will tell you what are the titles that make up its Official Selection, where to see each film and the activities of this edition.
For this year the theme of the festival is the SACRIFICE And this is what Pablo Guisa Koestinger, director of Mórbido, comments:
“The theme of this year’s festival is THE SACRIFICE, because it has cost a lot of sacrifice to do so, because we sacrifice the events and because we are dedicating all this to the ancient gods so that 2022 is a year of health and abundance.”
Likewise, Mórbido Film Fest is committed to binationality and in addition to offering face-to-face functions in Mexico City, it will do the same in chili of the November 1 to 5, 2021.
Official Selection of Feature Films
The Official Selection of Mórbido Film Fest 2021 has 42 short films and 18 feature films of which 2 are premiers in Mexico City, 3 are national premiers and 13 are Latin American premiers.
The Mexican films section this year has 3 new productions: The black minutesby Mario Muñoz; Forgiveness, by Alex Kahuam and The exorcism of Godby Alejandro Hidalgo.
Selection of Latin American feature films
- On the 3rd day / Daniel de la Vega / Argentina / 2021
- APPS / Sandra Arriagada, Camilo León, Lucio A. Rojas, José Miguel Zúñiga & Samot Márquez / Chile, Argentina / 2021
- Welcome to Hell / Jimena Monteoliva / Argentina / 2021
- The exorcism of God / Alejandro Hidalgo / Mexico-USA / 2021
- Forgiveness / Alex Kahuam / Mexico / 2021
- The black minutes / Mario Muñoz / Mexico / 2021
Selection of foreign feature films
- The grandmother / Paco Plaza / Spain / 2021
- The passenger / Raúl Cerezo, Fernando González Gómez / Spain / 2021
- Mad god / Phil Tippett / USA / 2021
- My beloved monster / Victor Matellano / Spain / 2021
- Sound of violence / Alex Noyer / USA / 2021
- Sky sharks / Marc Fehse / Germany / 2020
- The Amusement Park / George A. Romero / USA / 1973
- The Sadness / Rob Jabbaz / Taiwan / 2021
- The Scary of Sixty First / Dasha Nekrasova / USA / 2021
- The Spine of Night / Philip Gelatt & Morgan Galen King / USA / 2021
- Woodlands Dark & Days Bewitched: A History of Folk Horror / Kier-La Janisse / USA / 2021
- Zalava / Arsalan Amiri / Iran / 2021
- scream / Wes Craven / USA / 1996
You might also be interested in: Scream 5 – Premiere, cast and trailer of the film
Official Selection of Short Films
The Official Selection of Short Films will feature 42 short films from 17 countries in five thematic blocks. The short films will be available at Morbid tv and in your mobile application October 28 to November 5, 2021.
The unspoken antagonist
- Cutter / Dan Repp, Lindsay Young / USA
- The tenant / Lucas Paulino, Ángel Torres / Spain
- Smile / Joanna Tsanis / Canada
- The water will regret you / Marco Bentancor / Uruguay
- The Gatherer / Pedro Tamames / Spain
- Unheimlich / Fabio Colonna / Mexico
- Leave Work / Hyolim Lee / South Korea
- Part forever / Alan Chung-An Ou / Taiwan
Offspring and parents
- A Tale Best Forgotten / Tomas Stark / Sweden
- The myth / Héctor Falcón Villa / Mexico
- Such Small Hands / María Martínez Bayona / United Kingdom
- The algorithm of the soul / Israel Gómez Reséndiz / Mexico
- Deep learning death / Thorsten Fleisch / Germany
- A Puff Before Dying / Michael Reich, Mike Pinkney / USA
- Everything Go Round / Ryan Oksenberg / USA
- Poor Glenna / Jean-Paul DiSciscio / USA
The expansive morphology of being
- When The Moon Was Gibbous / Erika Grace Strada / Denmark
- They’re here / Sid Zanforlin / Canada
- The Thing That Ate The Birds / Sophie Mair, Dan Gitsham / UK
- Snow devil / Patricio Valladares / Chile
- Self Actualization of the Werewolves / Conall Pendergast / Canada
- Monster Encounters / James Smith / Germany
- Exhuming London after midnight / Gustavo Leonel Mendoza / Argentina
- Wereback / Estrada Brothers / USA
- Brackish / Christa Boarini / USA
- Night bus / Joe Hsieh / Taiwan
The caustic & sticky
- Something in the garden / Marcos Sánchez / Chile
- Guts / Chris McInroy / USA
- Madd4_U / Alexandra Velasco, André Leshé / Mexico
- Beast / Hugo Covarrubias / Chile
- Teratoma / Jano Pita / Spain
- Lachesis / Gregory Foltynewicz / USA
- Strip / Craig Ouellette / USA
- Night of the Living Dicks / Ilja Rautsi / Finland
Ask the time to return
- Sweet Mary, Where Did You Go? / Michael Anthony Kratochvil / Australia
- #NoFilter / Nathan Crooker / USA
- I am a vampire / Sofía Garza Barba / Mexico
- Have come back / Ismael Capistrán / Mexico
- Are We Receiving Biological Signals from Outer Space / Tim Grabham / UK
- She / Eugenio Villamar / USA
- salmagundi / Marcos Muñoz / Mexico
- Survivers / Carlos Gómez-Trigo / Spain
October 31, 2021
During the screening of Forgiveness on Cinépolis DianaThe director Alex Kahuam and the actors Alejandra Toussaint, Alejandra Zaid, Jessica Ortiz, Horacio Castelo and Laura de Ita will be present. Similarly, the director Alejandro Hidalgo will be present at the function of The exorcism of God, in that same headquarters.
Where to see the films of the Morbido Fest 2021?
Face-to-face offices in Mexico City
- Cinépolis Diana – Cinépolis Art Room.
- Coyote Drive-In.
Presential offices in Chile
- Matucana 100 Cultural Center in Santiago.
- Sala Insomnia in the city of Valparaíso.
- Cinépolis Klic for all of Mexico.
- Morbid TV for all of Latin America.
It should be noted that the public will be able to enjoy, from November 1 to 5, 2021, seven titles at a cost of $ 50 pesos per rent at Cinépolis Klic. The movies are:
- Woodlands Dark and Days Bewitched
- Spine of Night
- The Amusement Park
- My beloved monster
- Welcome to Hell
- Sound of Violence.
The entry Mórbido Fest 2021: Where to see its programming and activities was first published in Cine PREMIERE.