Of the November 10-18, 2021 the 10th edition of the Los Cabos International Film Festival will be held in a hybrid format. Next, we tell you the details of its programming, activities and where to see the Official Selection.
The inaugural film of the tenth edition of Los Cabos will be Drunken birds, by Ivan Grbovic, and produced by the Mexican Nicolás Celis. It should be added that this film will represent Canada in the 94th edition of the Oscars. Likewise, we will have a special function of Fire night, by Tatiana Huezo, a film that will represent Mexico at the 2022 Oscars.
Gold Screen (Face-to-face functions)
- Belfastby Kenneth Branagh
- The Eyes of Tammy Fayeby Michael Showalter
- Massby Fran Kranz
- Red Rocketby Sean Baker
- Cinemex Puerto Paraíso – Los Cabos (November 12, 13, 14 and 15).
- Cinemex Reforma 222 – CDMX (November 12, 13 and 14).
- Cinemex Galerías – Mérida, Yucatán (November 13).
Section Divergent Panorama
- Beyond the Infinite Two Minutesby Junta Yamaguchi
- The Rescueby Jimmy Chin, E. Chai Vasarhelyi
- The Pink Cloudby Luli Gerbase
- The dog that does not shut upby Ana Katz
- Murineby Antoneta Alamat Kusijanović
Section Green Strand
- Poupelle of Chimeney Townby Yusuke Hirota
- Above Waterby Aïssa Maïga.
- Riverby Jennifer Peedom and Joseph Nizeti
It should be noted that all the programming will be available and free throughout the Mexican Republic through the festival’s streaming platform (except the Golden Screen Section). Also, this year the festival will make an agreement with the platform streaming Clear Video to view 12 films, which have been part of the Official Selection of Los Cabos in previous editions.
Outstanding Work in Cinema
The 2021 edition of the Los Cabos International Film Festival will pay tribute to two talents in today’s film industry: the Mexican producer Nicolas Celis (Rome; Fire night) and the actress Ann dowd (The Handmaid’s Tale; Hereditary).
Conferences Ignite sessions
- Benn Wiebe (United States)
- Cristina Ayala-Azcárraga (Mexico)
- Gustavo M. Ballesté (Mexico)
- Inge Cuestermans (Netherlands)
- Monica Álvarez Franco (Mexico)
- Roser Canela-Mas (Spain)
- Zsófia Szemerédy (Hungary)
The Los Cabos International Film Festival 2021 will hold conferences to reflect on the future of cinema where new forms of representation in the industry will be discussed: »Is the future online?», »Without fame or friendships» and »Utopias ».
Gabriel Figueroa Fund
Through the Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund and its two sections: Cinema in development and Work in Progress, the festival will continue to promote new talent. This year, 15 film projects in development and 6 films in post-production will participate. You can check more details in the following link.
Finally, there will be a virtual exhibition of the Casa Ballena artistic creation center and The nacho, who was the author of the award given within the festival. The exhibition can be enjoyed virtually from November 10. Here you can visit it.
The entry Los Cabos Film Festival 2021: Where to see its programming and activities was first published in Cine PREMIERE.