The Festival del Puerto – a meeting of contemporary Mexican cinema – will celebrate its seventh edition of the December 1-4, 2021 in Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca. This year the festival will offer the public a selection of feature films, short films and live concerts at different venues in the town of Puerto Escondido and its surroundings; however, it can also be enjoyed virtually. Next, everything you need to know about this edition, where to see its programming and activities that will take place.
Where to see your programming?
The programming of the seventh edition will be totally free in a four-day hybrid version, with face-to-face functions at the Villasol Beach Club, Casa Wabi Foundation, Zicatela Cinema and virtual through www.festivaldelpuerto.com.
In 2021 the Festival del Puerto will present to the coastal public 30 titles, of which 12 are made by women.
The Port Festival will inaugurate with the tape Mixtec knot (Winner of the Audience Award for Mexican Feature Film and Award for Best Script of a Mexican Fiction Feature Film, at FICM 2021), debut feature by the Oaxacan actress and filmmaker Angels cross. Also Juan Pablo Villa will be the guest singer-songwriter at the inauguration as part of the Puerto Sonoro musical section. His folkloric recreations and electronic processing of the voice make him an interesting and moving exponent of the Mexican musical avant-garde.
Memory –Winner of the grand jury prize at the most recent edition of the Cannes Film Festival and a Mexican co-production, under the direction of Apichatpong Weerasethakul– at Fundación Casa Wabi.
The closing function will take place with the exhibition of the feature film The other tom (Awarded at FICM 2021 with the Eye for Best Direction of a Mexican Fiction Feature Film), by Rodrigo Plá and Laura Santullo.
New Waves: glances at contemporary Mexican cinema (face-to-face)
- Mixtec knotby Ángeles Cruz
- The other tom, by Rodrigo Plá and Laura Santullo
- The hole in the fenceby Joaquín del Paso
- Sundownby Michel Franco
- The compromise of the shadowsby Sandra Luz López Barroso
- Hope, Soledadby Yolanda Cruz
- Hostilitiesby M. Sebastian Molina
- A cop movieby Alonso Ruizpalacios
Abriendo Puertos: Mexican short film competition (face-to-face and online)
- Light catcherby Kim Torres
- The longest dream I can rememberby Carlos Lenin
- A thousand eyes watch meby Nicolás Gutiérrez Wenhammar
- Black earthby José Yapur
- Parallel 28by Santiago Bonilla
- The motorcyclist does not fit happiness in the suitby Gabriel Herrera
Mar de Fondo: special functions (face-to-face)
- Kii Nche Ndutsa (The Snail and Time)by Itandehui Jansen
- Memoryby Apichatpong Weerasethakul
- Fireby Santiago Mohar Volkow [Estreno continental americano]
Puertitos: Mexican animation short films for all audiences (face-to-face)
- Beyond spaceby Beatriz Álvarez
- The raven and the deerby Mauricio Calderón Rico
- Phones, by Gabriela Badillo Sánchez
- My grandmother Matildeby Miguel Anaya Borja
- The house of memoryby Sofía Rosales Arreola
Abriendo Puertos: sample of short films from previous editions (online)
- In the corner of the worldby Mariano Renteria
- The House of Hopsby Paula Hopf
- Iku Manievaby Isaac Ruiz Gastélum
- JRby Nicolasa Ruiz
- Lor what we have leftby Yudiel Landa
- Darknessby Jorge Sistos
- A face covered in kissesby Mariano Renteria
- Tideby Vania Quevedo
Visit the page Web official from the Port Festival for more details.
The entry Festival del Puerto 2021: Where to see its programming and activities was first published in Cine PREMIERE.